SASSA Grant Payment Dates and Amount Detail For December 2023. Millions of vulnerable South Africans depend on social grants for their essential needs, and the Social Security Agency of South Africa (Sassa) has disclosed the payment schedule for December 2023. This schedule applies to permanent grants distributed by Sassa, which play a crucial role in providing financial assistance to various groups, including children, pensioners, and individuals with disabilities.
SASSA Grant Payment Dates and Amount Detail For December 2023
Sassa manages a variety of permanent grants, such as The Child Support Grant for children and grants for pensioners and people with disabilities. Typically, Sassa initiates grant payments in the first week of the month. However, not all grants will be disbursed in the initial week of December.
- Second Week Disbursement: Beneficiaries of disability and children’s grants can anticipate their payments in the second week of December, as Sassa refrains from making grant payments on weekends and public holidays.
December Grant Payment Schedule
To assist beneficiaries in planning, Sassa has outlined the specific dates for grant disbursements in December 2023:
- Older Persons Grant: 1 December 2023
- Disability Grant: 4 December 2023
- Children’s Grants: 5 December 2023
Sassa emphasizes that beneficiaries need not withdraw cash on the first day of availability. Once the funds are deposited, they remain accessible until required, promoting responsible financial management.
Grant Amounts for December 2023
The December 2023 Sassa grants are as follows:
- Older Persons Grant: R2,090
- Older Persons (75 years and older): R2,110
- Disability Grant: R2,090
- War Veterans Grant: R2,110
- Child Support Grant: R510
- Child Support Grant (Top-up): R510 + R250
- Care Dependency Grant: R2,090
- Foster Care Grant: R1,130
- Grant-In-Aid: R510
- Social Relief of Distress Grant: R350
Impact of Sassa Grants
Sassa disburses over 18 million grants monthly, significantly contributing to the well-being of vulnerable individuals by facilitating access to essential goods and basic services.
Grant Collection Options
Permanent grant beneficiaries have the option to receive funds directly into their bank accounts, providing flexibility in accessing funds after Sassa completes the payment. Additionally, Sassa grants are distributed through various retail outlets, including Pick n Pay, Shoprite, Boxer, Usave, and Checkers. Mobile cash pay points offer an alternative for grant beneficiaries, with collection limited to specific hours in the grant payment cycle.