Reminder Check Your SASSA SRD Grant Appeal Status For July 2023.Applicants who applied for the R350 Social Relief of Distress grant but were rejected may have appealed this decision. You can track the status of your appeal here. In order to provide financial assistance to individuals aged 18 to 60 who were unemployed and did not receive any other income during the Covid-19 pandemic, the South African Social Security Agency (Sassa) introduced the R350 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant.
Reminder Check Your SASSA SRD Grant Appeal Status For July 2023
There are more than 7 million beneficiaries of the R350 grant. However, many applications are rejected due to ineligibility. Rejected applicants can appeal their rejection if they believe their application was unfairly rejected.
To ensure that you can track the status of your appeal for the R350 Social Relief of Distress grant effectively, follow these steps:
- Visit the SASSA Appeals Website: Access the SASSA appeals website, where you can track the progress of your appeal.
- Provide Required Information: Enter your ID number and cell phone number on the appeals website to proceed with tracking your appeal.
- Monitor Your R350 Grant Appeal: Once you have entered the necessary information, the website will display the status of your appeal. Regularly check this platform to stay updated on any changes.
- Contact SASSA Call Centre: If you encounter difficulties while checking your appeal status, you can contact the SASSA call centre at 0800 601 011. Their customer service representatives will assist you in obtaining the necessary information.
- Ensure Accurate Contact Details: Make sure that you have provided the correct cell phone number during the appeals process. SASSA will communicate with you via SMS to inform you of the outcome of your appeal.
- Allow Sufficient Processing Time: Due to the high volume of appeals received by SASSA, it may take up to three months for your appeal to be processed and for an outcome to be sent to you. However, you will be paid from the date you initially submitted your application.
- Understand Possible Rejection Reasons: Appeals may be rejected if applicants fail to meet the eligibility criteria for the R350 grant. Reasons for rejection could include not meeting the age requirements or receiving other forms of income such as a salary, UIF payment, or a bursary.
- Finalize Appeals Process: The Independent Tribunal for Social Assistance Appeals (ITSAA) handles the finalization of SRD grant appeals. If you are dissatisfied with the ITSAA’s decision, you have the option to seek judicial review in the high court within 180 days of receiving their decision.
By following these steps, you can effectively track the status of your R350 grant appeal and stay informed about any updates or changes regarding your application.