Over 19,000 Sassa SRD Grants Were Submitted in Just a Month.The South African Social Security Agency (Sassa) is actively providing a diverse range of eight distinct social grants, with the SRD (Social Relief of Distress) grant being a notable inclusion. Recent data released by the agency highlights the persistent appeal of these grants, with numerous financially challenged South Africans continuing to apply for them.
Over 19,000 Sassa SRD Grants Were Submitted in Just a Month
Persistent Demand for Sassa’s Social Grants
Sassa’s social grants, a critical support system managed by the agency, remain in exceptionally high demand among the nation’s economically disadvantaged individuals. This demand is underscored by the substantial number of applications submitted across all grant categories, a trend that was evident up to June 2023.
June 2023 Social Grant Application Statistics
In the realm of permanent social grants, the application numbers for June 2023 are as follows:
- Disability Grant: 48,269 applications
- Older Persons Grant: 27,866 applications
- Child Support Grant: 81,295 applications
- Care Dependency Grant: [Application data missing]
- Foster Child Grant: 2,719 applications
- Grant In Aid: 9,576 applications
- War Veteran Grant: 0 applications
The sole temporary offering, the Social Relief of Distress Grant, is slated to conclude on March 31, 2024. In June 2023, Sassa recorded 19,135 applications for the SRD grant.
Leveraging Sassa’s Online Services for Grant Applications
Sassa actively encourages individuals to utilize its online platform for submitting applications for these social grants. The process begins with registering for an online profile on the Sassa service portal. Below are the steps for successful registration:
- Visit the Sassa Services Portal.
- Click on ‘Register’ under ‘Register New Account.’
- Accept the terms of South Africa’s Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) & Cookie Consent.
- Click ‘Apply.’
- Complete the user registration form, including personal details like name, surname, ID number, email address, and phone number.
- Generate a secure password for future Sassa account access.
Navigating Your Sassa Online Account
Once registered, access your Sassa online account using these steps:
- Enter your user name (ID number) and password. Grant permission if prompted by the Sassa service website.
- Upon logging in, you can initiate your online application for a permanent grant.
Submitting Your Sassa Grant Application Online
To submit your grant application through the Sassa services website, follow these steps:
- Visit the Sassa services website.
- Log in using your user name and password.
- Click on ‘Apply for a Grant’ and specify your chosen grant.
- Complete the grant application form with accurate details.
- Print the Sassa-generated affidavit and have it commissioned by a nearby commissioner of oath. Additionally, print, sign, and submit the bank payment form along with the affidavit.
- Upload certified supporting documents in PDF format, following the application form’s instructions.
- Finalize your application and retain the reference number received via email or SMS for future inquiries.
Streamlined Application for the Social Relief of Distress (R350) Grant
Sassa administers the Social Relief of Distress grant exclusively online, utilizing a slightly modified application process. This grant aims to assist those adversely impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic in 2020, particularly those without government support or alternative income. The application steps are as follows:
- Visit the Sassa SRD grant website.
- Click ‘click here to apply online.’
- Submit your mobile phone number and verify through the sent OTP (One Time Pin).
- Accept the terms in the Declaration and Consent documents.
- Furnish personal details, employment particulars, and lifestyle sustainability information.
- Provide banking details.
- Follow the prompts to finalize your application.
Alternative Application via WhatsApp for the SRD Grant
Applicants can also opt for an alternative method to apply for the Sassa R350 grant via WhatsApp:
- Add Sassa on WhatsApp: 082 046 8553.
- Send a message stating “SRD Grant” for self or proxy application.
- Share your accurate name and surname as per your identification document.
- Confirm acceptance of terms and conditions with ‘YES.’
- Indicate your citizenship status (South African citizen, Permanent Resident, or Refugee).
- Access the provided WhatsApp link.
- Confirm acceptance of the Declaration and Consent documents.
- Enter your ID number.
- Follow the prompts to complete your R350 grant application.
Resorting to Application Appeal
In cases of application rejection deemed unjustified, individuals have the option to initiate an application appeal or reconsideration. To minimize potential delays, Sassa strongly advises submitting an appeal promptly upon receiving application feedback.H
- SASSA Client Struggles Early Morning Queues and Harsh Conditions
- Controversial ANC Advert Featuring SASSA Sparks Outrage on Social Media
- SASSA Grant Payment Schedule For December 2023
- Major NSFAS Appointment to Enhance Communication Ahead of 2024
- How Much Pay NSFAS Allowances Will Be For December 2023
- How Does NSFAS Support Part-time Studies?
- NSFAS To Introduce New Funding Model For Students
- The NSFAS Denies A Crisis After Thousands Of Students Aren’t Paid
- NSFAS Spin Doctor Set to Become Spokesperson
- Is NSFAS On The Brink Of A Collapse? Unveiling the Challenges and Reforms
- NSFAS Applications For 2024 Will Open in 2024
- Executive Shakeup at NSFAS Sparks Controversy: Nongogo Axed Over FNB Tender Dispute
sassa1 week ago
Post Office Blocked Sassa Card After Suspected Fraud
blog3 weeks ago
NSFAS Application Status and Meaning 2023-2024
sassa1 week ago
You Can Now Apply for a Basic Income Grant of R999
NSFAS News1 day ago
Nsfas Appeals For 2023 Now Open
sassa2 weeks ago
Here Some Changes In Old Age Pension Grant Payment Date for October 2023
sassa1 week ago
Here Some Changes In Old Age Pension Grant Payment Date for November 2023
sassa1 week ago
Finally New Grant of R999 for Basic Income Introduced
sassa2 months ago
Here Some Changes In Old Age Pension Grant Payment Date for September 2023