NSFAS Online Application 2024-2025 – NSFAS 2024 Applications are Officially Open. Would you like to receive financial aid to attend a tertiary institution? You can apply for a bursary through the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS). In South Africa, the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) provides financial assistance to undergraduate students to help cover the costs of tertiary education.
How to Apply for NSFAS 2024-2025
In addition to the Funza Lushaka Teacher Bursary (for students seeking a teaching degree) and the DHET Disability Bursary (SETAs), the programme oversees funding from the Sector Education and Training Authorities. Department of Higher Education and Training funds the NSFAS programme in order to assist students who lack the funds to pay for their education but cannot get bank loans, study loans, or bursaries.
South African citizens planning to attend school in 2024 or currently enrolled in a TVET programme or a public university can apply online for the NSFAS bursary.
Nsfas Online Application Open Dates 2024
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) (Online NSFAS Application) will no longer accept applications for the class of 2024 from 31 January 2024. Applicants must register a myNSFAS account in order to apply in 2024-2025 .
Who Should Apply for Nsfas 2024?
- SASSA Grant Recipients.
- Your combined household income cannot exceed R350,000.
- Individuals with disabilities whose combined household income exceeds R600,000.
- Students who begin their university studies before 2020 and whose household income does not exceed R122,000 per year.
Who should not apply for Nsfas 2024?
- Those who have completed a previous qualification.
- Students whose combined household income exceeds R350 000.
- The students who have already applied, qualified, and received funding. If they pass their modules and meet the academic requirements, they are automatically funded for the duration of their studies.
- Students who are not South African citizens (foreign students).
Required Documents for NSFAS 2024 Application
The documents required to apply for NSFAS 2024
- A copy of your ID or birth certificate is required.
- A copy of the ID of your guardian, parents, or spouse.
- Please provide proof of your income or 1 year’s IRPS.
- Proof of income is not required for SASSA grant recipients.
- Please provide a working email address and a valid cellphone number.
- The Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form must be completed and signed by students who have been recognized as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development.