NSFAS Login: How To Access MyNsfas Student Portal. If you require assistance with logging into your NSFAS student portal, we are here to guide you through the process. Below, we provide all the necessary information to access your MyNsfas account efficiently.
Viewing Your Application Status on MyNsfas
After applying for funding from NSFAS, it is crucial to regularly check your MyNsfas portal for updates on your application. Follow these steps to view your MyNsfas status:
- Visit the MyNsfas login page.
- Log in to your MyNsfas student portal account.
Your MyNsfas student portal is a personalized page containing all the relevant information related to your NSFAS account.
NSFAS Closing Date
To ensure your application is considered, it’s essential to apply before the NSFAS closing date. Applications typically open in October each year and close a few months later. Be aware that TVET College applications align with the college registration dates.
Understanding NSFAS Application Status
It is vital to comprehend the different NSFAS application status codes when checking your MyNSFAS portal. Here’s a breakdown of what each status means:
- Application Submitted: Your application has been successfully loaded onto the NSFAS system.
- Filtering: The system checks for previous qualifications, as NSFAS only funds the first qualification.
- Validation: NSFAS conducts third-party checks with SASSA and the Department of Home Affairs.
- Evaluation: Verification of all documents submitted during the application.
- Funding Eligibility: Verification of household financial status declared in your application.
- Awaiting Academic Results/Admission: Checking academic results and institution admission status.
- Awaiting Registration: NSFAS awaits data from your institution to create a bursary agreement.
- Signing Of Agreement: You need to sign your bursary agreement for NSFAS to disburse allowances.
- Payments: Allowances are paid through NSFAS mobile wallet or the institution; monitor the MyNSFAS portal for updates.
Keeping Your Login Details Secure
Maintain the security of your login details to the official NSFAS website. If you suspect unauthorized access, reset your MyNsfas portal password promptly. Once changed, ensure the security of your new MyNSFAS portal password.
Students at TVET Colleges, public universities, and Unisa receive various allowances:
TVET College Allowances
- Transport (up to 10 km from the institution): R7,718 per annum.
- Living allowance: R6,000.
- Incidental/personal care allowance: R3,045 per annum.
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution): R7,875 per year.
- Living allowance: R15,750 per year.
- Book allowances: R5,460 per year.
- Small expense allowance of R2,900 per annum for students registered for ten modules or more.
- Learning material allowance of R600 per module for the first four modules (or once-off R5,200 for five to ten modules).