NSFAS Toll-free Number
NSFAS Contact Information for Bursary Application Inquiries. Embarking on the journey of higher education with the support of an NSFAS bursary can be transformative. Achieving good grades in Matric and securing a Bachelors pass opens up opportunities that were previously financially challenging. If you have questions regarding NSFAS bursaries or financial aid, the toll-free number is at your disposal.
Contact NSFAS through their toll-free number 08000 67327, available Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 17:00, for assistance with bursary applications or any financial inquiries.
NSFAS Email Address
An alternative way to connect with NSFAS is through email. Reach out to them at [email protected] with your queries or concerns.
Contacting NSFAS via Cellphone
For added convenience, students can check their application status through WhatsApp using the number +27 78 519 8006 or through the USSD code 12067327#.
Government Bursary Qualifications
Prospective students from families with a combined household income of R350,000 per year or less qualify for a government bursary through NSFAS.
Before contacting NSFAS, it’s beneficial to familiarize yourself with their role and the services they provide. NSFAS is a crucial bursary for South Africans, supporting over a million students in higher education. It caters to students in public universities and TVET colleges, covering various costs such as registration, tuition fees, and living expenses.
NSFAS aims to assist individuals from working-class backgrounds in overcoming financial barriers to pursue tertiary education. Note that funding is exclusively for South African citizens.
For detailed information, visit the official NSFAS website at www.nsfas.org.za.
Creating a MyNSFAS Account
To streamline the application process, prospective students are encouraged to create a MyNSFAS account. Follow these steps:
- Visit the NSFAS website at www.nsfas.org.za.
- Click on the MyNSFAS account on www.nsfas.org.za and select ‘Create Account.’
- Fill in your personal details, including valid South African ID information.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Create a secure password to protect your account.
Logging into MyNSFAS Account
Accessing your MyNSFAS account is essential for checking your funding status. Follow these steps:
- Visit https://my.nsfas.org.za/.
- Click on ‘myNSFAS’ to log in.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click on ‘Sign In.’
Tips for MyNSFAS Student Portal
Ensure a smooth experience on the NSFAS Student Portal with these tips:
- Secure Login Credentials: Protect your sensitive information by choosing a strong password and avoiding sharing login details.
- Set Reminders: Stay on top of deadlines by setting reminders for application and document submission dates.
- Explore Resources: Seek additional support through the NSFAS website, helpline, or your educational institution’s financial aid office.
NSFAS Application Status
Decode your NSFAS bursary application status with these insights:
- Application Submitted: Successfully loaded onto the NSFAS system.
- Filtering: Checks for returning students and previous qualifications.
- Validation: Third-party verifications with SASSA and Home Affairs.
- Evaluation: Document verification.
- Funding Eligibility: Household financial status verification.
- Awaiting Academic Results/Admission: Verification of academic and admission status.
- Awaiting Registration: Waiting for information from the chosen institution.
- Signing of Agreement: Sign the bursary agreement for disbursement.
- Payments: Allowances disbursed through the NSFAS mobile wallet or institution.
For assistance, visit your university or college’s financial aid office.