NSFAS provides financial assistance to students from poor households so they can pursue higher education. It is a powerful way to break the intergenerational cycle of household poverty and exclusion and expand South Africa’s skills base.
The mission of the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is to transform NSFAS into an efficient and effective provider of financial aid to students from poor and working-class families in a sustainable manner to increase student access to higher education and further training and achieve South Africa’s human resource development objectives.
NSFAS’ mission statement describes why it exists, what it does, and how it impacts its constituency in three distinct ways
NSFAS provides financial aid to eligible students at public TVET colleges and public universities; it identifies eligible applicants, provides bursaries, and collects student loan repayments to replenish the funds available for future generations;The NSFAS provides support for students from poor and working-class families who would otherwise be unable to afford higher education.
Nsfas Contact Details
|Private Bag X1, Plumstead, 7801
|2nd Floor, House Vincent, 10 Brodie Road, Wynberg, Cape Town, 7700
|021 763 3200 / 08000 67327
How to Apply for NSFAS Online 2023-2024
If you would like to apply for NSFAS 2023, follow the steps outlined below:
- You have to visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za online
- Then, you have to click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- After that, you create your myNSFAS account
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the following questions you see on your screen
- Update all your personal information
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Lastly, Click on “Submit” to send your application for review.