How Do I Track My NSFAS Application Progress? The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) offers government bursaries to assist students in paying for tertiary education at South Africa’s public universities and Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Colleges. If you have applied for NSFAS funding, it’s crucial to track the progress of your application.
How Do I Track My NSFAS Application Progress?
Step 1: Login to myNSFAS Student Portal
Visit the myNSFAS student portal here and log in with your username and password.
Step 2: Navigate to ‘Track Funding Progress’
Once logged in, click on the ‘Track Funding Progress’ option to access the status of your NSFAS funding application.
Step 3: Understanding Application Status
Upon selecting ‘Track Funding Progress,’ you will be presented with various application statuses. Each status indicates different stages in the application process.
NSFAS Funding Status Codes and Meanings
- Your application has been successfully loaded onto the NSFAS system.
- The bursary program assesses your status as a returning student and checks for prior credentials.
- NSFAS collaborates with SASSA and the Department of Home Affairs for third-party verification.
- NSFAS verifies the accuracy of the documents submitted with your application.
- Confirmation of your household’s financial situation as stated in your application.
Awaiting Academic Results/Acceptance
- Evaluation of your academic performance and institution admission status.
Awaiting to Register
- NSFAS awaits information from your institution to create a bursary agreement.
Signing of Agreement
- You must sign the bursary agreement for NSFAS to process allowances.
- Choose to have allowances paid through your institution or the NSFAS mobile wallet system.
It is advisable to check the myNSFAS portal regularly for updates on your application status. Be patient, as some stages may take time, especially when awaiting information from your chosen institution.