Financial Support NSFAS Funding for Orbit TVET College Courses. Located in Rustenburg, North West province, Orbit TVET College is a reputable Technical and Vocational Education and Training institution. If you’re considering enrollment at the college but have doubts about NSFAS (National Student Financial Aid Scheme) covering your fees, read on to learn more.
Orbit TVET College and Its Services
Orbit TVET College operates across three campuses: Brits Campus, Mankwe Campus, and Rustenburg Campus. They go beyond offering courses and provide valuable support services to their students, including academic development, social and cultural assistance, job placements, and counseling at all their campuses.
Orbit TVET College Course Offerings
At Orbit TVET College, you can explore various educational pathways:
- National Certificate Vocational Programmes
- Report 191 Programmes
- Occupational Learning Programmes
NSFAS Funding for Orbit TVET College Courses
Wondering if NSFAS covers Orbit TVET College courses? The answer is yes. NSFAS extends its financial assistance to specific courses offered at Orbit TVET College. Orbit TVET College is one of South Africa’s 50 accredited public TVET colleges, making it eligible for NSFAS funding.
Courses Eligible for NSFAS Funding
NSFAS supports a range of courses at TVET colleges, including:
- Engineering Studies (National Certificate – Vocational) NQF levels 2-4 & Engineering studies – Report 191 N1-N6
- Engineering and Related Design
- Electrical Infrastructure
- Civil Engineering Construction
- Information Technology & Computer Science
- Business & Utility Studies (National Certificate – Vocational) NQF levels 2-4 & Report 191 N1-N6
- Office Administration
- Economics & Accounting
- Education & Development
- Safety in Society
- Transport & Logistics
NSFAS Eligibility for TVET Colleges
To qualify for NSFAS funding at TVET colleges, you must meet these criteria:
- Be a South African citizen.
- Be registered or intending to register for a PLP, NC(V), or Report 191 program at a public TVET College in South Africa.
- Have received admission or a firm offer for enrollment in a college.
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- Fall within the maximum income threshold of up to R350,000 combined gross family income per annum.
- Returning students must have proven and accepted academic performance.
- Not enroll in a qualification that duplicates previous state-funded learning.
How to Apply for TVET College Funding
You can apply for TVET College funding through various channels:
- TVET college bursary offices
- NSFAS head office
Online NSFAS Funding Application Process
To submit your NSFAS funding application online, follow these steps:
- Visit the NSFAS website.
- Click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab and complete the sections on the screen.
- Upload required supporting documents where applicable.
- Click on ‘Submit.’
Tracking Your NSFAS Application
After applying, you can track your NSFAS application’s progress by:
- Visiting the NSFAS website.
- Clicking on the “myNSFAS” tab on the menu bar.
- Logging in to your myNSFAS account using your username and password.
- Clicking on the “track funding progress” option.
- Checking your application status, whether it has been approved or not.
NSFAS Allowances for TVET Students
NSFAS provides comprehensive funding to qualifying TVET college students, covering various costs related to their studies, including:
- Accommodation in an urban area: R24,000 annually
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area: R18,900 annually
- Accommodation in a rural area: R15,750 annually
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution): R7,350 annually
- Living expenses allowance: R7,000 annually
- Incidental/personal care allowance: R2,900 annually
- Major NSFAS Appointment to Enhance Communication Ahead of 2024
- How Much Pay NSFAS Allowances Will Be For December 2023
- How Does NSFAS Support Part-time Studies?
- NSFAS To Introduce New Funding Model For Students
- The NSFAS Denies A Crisis After Thousands Of Students Aren’t Paid
- NSFAS Spin Doctor Set to Become Spokesperson
- Is NSFAS On The Brink Of A Collapse? Unveiling the Challenges and Reforms
- NSFAS Applications For 2024 Will Open in 2024
- Executive Shakeup at NSFAS Sparks Controversy: Nongogo Axed Over FNB Tender Dispute
- NSFAS Revolutionizes Data Exchange Processes for Enhanced Student Financial Support
- NSFAS Addresses Concerns Raised by the South African Union of Students
- NSFAS 2024 Applications Set to Open Next Week: New Features and Guidelines
sassa1 week ago
Post Office Blocked Sassa Card After Suspected Fraud
blog3 weeks ago
NSFAS Application Status and Meaning 2023-2024
sassa1 week ago
You Can Now Apply for a Basic Income Grant of R999
NSFAS News13 hours ago
Nsfas Appeals For 2023 Now Open
sassa2 weeks ago
Here Some Changes In Old Age Pension Grant Payment Date for October 2023
sassa1 week ago
Here Some Changes In Old Age Pension Grant Payment Date for November 2023
sassa1 week ago
Finally New Grant of R999 for Basic Income Introduced
sassa2 months ago
Here Some Changes In Old Age Pension Grant Payment Date for September 2023